cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitshift
Regular Visitor

Where does UI flow execute?

Ok, I've been watching some demos on UI flow and need to build something to automate the actions of clicking a download from a web page after logging in. I am somewhat familiar with Selenium and how to create the UI flow and call that from a automated flow. My question is - where will this happen? I dont want this to be launching browser instances on my workstation. Will I need to setup a dedicated machine and if so do I need to create/record the flow from there? I am not sure yet if I will need the un-attended version or not.

2 REPLIES 2
bitshift
Regular Visitor

anyone?

crowdjs
Resolver II
Resolver II

I am pretty sure if you install the Gateway, then you use Power Automate Desktop to build a UI flow. When triggered the cloud service runs the UI Flow portion of the code locally through the gateway.

If you do not want random users running the UI flow from your computer. Then you should have a dedicated machine that its sole job is to handle UI flows or web automation.  The flow and the gateway should be built there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,218)