cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mgodby
Level: Powered On

Why does SharePoint's "get file content using path" not return the same thing as OneDrive's "get file content using path"

I'm trying to read through a csv file and it was decided we move to a sharepoint site instead of OneDrive. The issue is how the "get file content using path" for sharepoint doesn't return the correct kind of data from my csv file.

This is what it looks like when I'm using OneDrive, this is what I want:

onedrivepathcontent.png

Whereas SharePoint returns this, which I cannot use.

sharepointpath.png

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I don't get why they return different data type. Aren't they basically the same action but just pulling from a different place?
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mgodby

Re: Why does SharePoint's "get file content using path" not return the same thing as OneDrive's "get file content using path"

Never mind, solved it. My initial trigger that runs when a file is added to my share documents has a return called "file contents" that has the correct format for my data. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mgodby

Re: Why does SharePoint's "get file content using path" not return the same thing as OneDrive's "get file content using path"

Never mind, solved it. My initial trigger that runs when a file is added to my share documents has a return called "file contents" that has the correct format for my data. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,176)