cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is "Update file properties" used after getting a file through HTTP GET and creating it

Hi all,

I have a form through which users have to put attachments before sending the form.

Recently, I found a tutorial that showed how to get those files through a HTTP GET action, and then create the file based on the information you collected from the request, and THEN update its properties.

I was confused on why the latter was needed, so I tried to delete it and found that it works just fine without it. I went back on the tutorial I found and there was no explanation on why it was used. I can't seem to understand what the action does either, at least not completely. Here's what I have just in case :

werw.PNG

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

"Update file properties" action is helpful in updating the file properties the library columns in sharepoint.

Updates the properties stored in columns in a library for the item specified by the item id. Use "Update file" action to update file contents

For example consider in the sharepoint library you have added additional columns where in you would like to store other details such as place or company name, in these cases "Create File" action would only add the file to the document library to update the file columns you would need the "Update file properties" action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

"Update file properties" action is helpful in updating the file properties the library columns in sharepoint.

Updates the properties stored in columns in a library for the item specified by the item id. Use "Update file" action to update file contents

For example consider in the sharepoint library you have added additional columns where in you would like to store other details such as place or company name, in these cases "Create File" action would only add the file to the document library to update the file columns you would need the "Update file properties" action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,181)