cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOM_4410
Level 8

Why to hide the approvals!?

Just wondering what is MS thinking when they "hide" the Approvals on the side menu of Flow.

For me, the only benefit of using the approvals connection (which is pretty limited) instead of an email with options, is that the Approvals gives the user a one-stop place where all their approvals are consolidated.

I don't understand why the approvals are now hidden on the side menu under "Action items", considering that the approvers are usually people that are not familiarised with the Flow interface. It should be the easiest thing to find!!!

I know they are also on the home page but with all the colourful advertisement there people hardly see them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Why to hide the approvals!?

I tend to agree with you, but to try to explain.  The new interface is because they added a second panel of things like Approvals that users can act upon, Business Process Flows.  BPFs are something used in Dynamics 365 which used to only be visible in Dynamics.  They changed things to make BPFs that are assigned to you visible in the regular Flow enviroment, and decided to add them parallel to Approvals since they are also something users interact with.  Hence the dropdown menu with two panels. I agree if you aren't a Dynamics user this just hides things.  But there is a reason for it, even if we don't like the result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I tend to agree with you, but to try to explain.  The new interface is because they added a second panel of things like Approvals that users can act upon, Business Process Flows.  BPFs are something used in Dynamics 365 which used to only be visible in Dynamics.  They changed things to make BPFs that are assigned to you visible in the regular Flow enviroment, and decided to add them parallel to Approvals since they are also something users interact with.  Hence the dropdown menu with two panels. I agree if you aren't a Dynamics user this just hides things.  But there is a reason for it, even if we don't like the result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

KOM_4410
Level 8

Thanks for your answer. It makes sense but I think they should really work on an interface for those users that need to interact with it without knowing much about Flow. Maybe that should be the first layer of the interface and then access to the one we normally see. I'm going to post this on the ideas forum I suppose.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,484)