cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GCBldgInsp

Will Flow do what I need it to do?

I am working on automating my City Building Department.  Currently we are using OneNote for Building Inspections and Files.  My vision is to build a form that can be filled out online by a customer and submitted to apply for a building permit.  They would need to attach files.  I would then like to have that data captured and then sent tp various departments for review and approval then also used to populate other forms we use to be printed if needed.  I am at a loss on if the Microsoft software is robust enough or do I need to use Acrobat or SQL to make this happen?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GCBldgInsp,

If you are only using Onenote I afraid that it is difficult to achieve your needs.

I suggest that you could take a try to create a sharepoint list,and let user fill out the columns and add attachment with the files.

You could create the flow with trigger "When an item is created",and add action "Start an approval" for various departments approval.

You could take a try on your side to see if your requirement could be achieved.

Best regards,

Alice

Hello, @GCBldgInsp!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yuazh-msft ‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,536)