cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Will a Form's question ID ever change?

I want to know if a question on a certain form will have that question's ID changed.

Why? Because ...

I am trying to dynamically populate an HTML table to be emailed. 

For one column I am building, I need to access the values of Form questions. If the ID for each of these questions do not change, then I can reliably populate a table using these values, and be done with it, so that the answer I am hoping for.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

No, once designed a Microsoft form will always preserve the ID. I even tried importing the Microsoft form and creating a copy of it by duplicating it and still that form had the exact same ID as in the previous form.

Form 1 - 

yashkamdar_0-1599623850396.png

yashkamdar_1-1599623898449.png

Duplicated form 1 -

yashkamdar_2-1599623924459.png

yashkamdar_3-1599623971980.png

As you can see the ID for the column remained same across both the forms.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

No, once designed a Microsoft form will always preserve the ID. I even tried importing the Microsoft form and creating a copy of it by duplicating it and still that form had the exact same ID as in the previous form.

Form 1 - 

yashkamdar_0-1599623850396.png

yashkamdar_1-1599623898449.png

Duplicated form 1 -

yashkamdar_2-1599623924459.png

yashkamdar_3-1599623971980.png

As you can see the ID for the column remained same across both the forms.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@BenDonahue 

With my experience if you using Forms to populate data in HTML for example, choice columns it becomes very tricky to Parse the response and play around with IDs. For example not every response might have the same ID.

My recommended way of doing this is creating a Form with Excel Workbook as an intermediate data source.

Now that being said have a look at my blog https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2020/08/06/record-microsoft-form-choice-response-to-the-sharep... 

So again to keep it consistent, I use Excel as a data source and I do not worry about the IDs and it works for me like a charm 🙂

Perhaps you might want to you a similar approach.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,450)