cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabiandl
Regular Visitor

Word Online (Business) Populate a Microsoft Word Template - Behaviour Repeating Section Content Control: Overwrite/add sections

Hi,

The Word Online (Business) connector has an action 'Populate a Microsoft Word template', which can be used in a Power Automate flow to populate Content Controls. One of the supported ones is the Repeating Section Content Control.

However, the behaviour concerning adding sections or overwriting existing sections is unclear for me. A flow, which adds multiple sections at once using a Repeating Section Content Control, has following behaviour:

• When the Repeating Section Content Control in the Word document has no content, content (thus sections) is added as expected.
  • When the Repeating Section Content Control in the Word document already has some content (thus some sections which are previously populated), sometimes one or multiple sections are overwritten and/or sometimes one or multiple sections are added.

My question (or questions) is: what is the default behaviour when populating Repeating Section Content Controls through the Word Online (Business) connector in a flow? When are sections added and/or overwritten? Is there a way to make sure that the sections are always overwritten? Is there a way to remove existing sections?

I've searched the Power Automate Community and the internet but didn't find any answer on any post/blog/website.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,815)