cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BakerGroupAlex1
Frequent Visitor

Word Online Seems to Makes Document a Mess

I have this seemingly unique problem that I can't find a solution for. I have a template made that I upload to Sharepoint, however upon doing so, the layout of the document is apparently negated and all objects, pictures, and text boxes get thrown at the top together. I've tested in many various ways and they all end up the same. I've tried uploading it as a .doc instead of a .docx and that worked, but I'm trying to use Power Automate with it and the connector doesn't use .doc, so I can't go that route.

If I use the Populate Word Template on the file on OneDrive, it does the exact same thing.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas to help me out? Appreciate any help I can get!

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BakerGroupAlex1
Frequent Visitor

Just in case I'm able to help someone else out there in the world, since I never found a solution to this from the web. I was able to solve this issue by limiting the entire document to a single table and formatting it all through that big table. It's a massive chore to do, but it does work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BakerGroupAlex1
Frequent Visitor

Just in case I'm able to help someone else out there in the world, since I never found a solution to this from the web. I was able to solve this issue by limiting the entire document to a single table and formatting it all through that big table. It's a massive chore to do, but it does work.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (21,063)