cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfisher
Regular Visitor

Work Order email parsing to API

Hello! Is Power Automate capable of parsing an email dispatch from Outlook to a "cloud-based facilities management software solution"? Basically, I want to take key information from outlook dispatch emails and have power automate input the customer, priority and issue notes into Corrigo Enterprise creating the work order. They provide the programming info but I'm having a hard time translating (because I am not a programmer). For now, my main question is... is this possible??

2 REPLIES 2
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, it should be possible, as Power Automate has full REST API support

To start, you could use the When a new email arrives (V3) trigger, for the Office 365 Outlook connector. Then you just need to parse the contents of the emails, and create variables (data operations) for the information you are trying to capture:

To get started, I highly recommend Microsoft's free training resources: 

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE. Want to know more? Follow @BradGroux on Twitter, and check out my Medium blog at https://msft.engineer.

jfisher
Regular Visitor

Thank you! This helps point me in the right direction. I really appreciate your input. I will get to work on it and let you know the result!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,101)