cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scootsie
Regular Visitor

Workflow email keeps sending duplicates, caught in a a loop.

I have an approval process to complete, this is the second-half of the process (the first part works fine). The problem I am having is that when my flow reaches the end of the process, it sees an item has been updated and runs the whole flow again as that is what triggers it. This results in a loop of duplicate emails being sent. What can I do to fix this? 

Annotation 2020-03-11 093405.png

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @scootsie 

You can create a column in the SP list and set some value to it to identify that the flow should not trigger if the column value is set to that value. And then you can use the trigger conditions as shown in this post here to configure a trigger condition in the flow that it runs only when that particular column value states that the process is completed. 

https://siddharthvaghasia.com/2019/08/06/trigger-ms-flow-on-condition-based-on-columns-value-with-sh... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (70,916)