carem
Helper III
Helper III

Wrong Time when Update from flow.

Hi guys;
I have a problem to get right time from flow to Sharepoint

I initialize a variable in Flow to hold the Time Value from Power App:

Initialize VariableInitialize Variable

And Update File Properties Action to update Payment Date metadata of Sharepoint Library File. You can see the Time is: 23/12/2019 10:15 AM

But in my Sharepoint Library, the Time is advance 7 hrs. 

23/12/2019 17:1523/12/2019 17:15

My country is Vietnam, and I in the Time Zone GMT+7.

How can I set the right time?

2 REPLIES 2
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@carem 

Hi there.  It's probably just a matter of converting the timezone from the universal time (UTC), which is how all times are stored.

To do this, you can either use an expression with the ConvertFromUTC() function.

Or, look for the action "Convert Time Zone" which looks like this:

20191222a.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Hey @carem 

To add to what @edgonzales  has pointed out, you might want to change the regional settings of the SharePoint site. Scenarios here: 

1. If the flow is sending time converted to your time zone to SharePoint, change the list settings to point UTC time zone. 

2. If the flow is sending UTC time, then change the regional settings in SharePoint to your timezone.

I have listed this here:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/10-MS-Flow-hacks-troubleshoots-wor... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (61,198)