cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric6
Level: Powered On

Wrong profile photo shown in Power Automate

Hi,

I recently updated my profile photo in O365 and it shows correctly on the O365 page, in Outlook and in Skype. However, in Power Automate there is still the old photo. How can I also update it?

The old photo shows at the top right on the Power Automate page where I can see my flows. In an approval flow the old photo is included in the emails.

Thanks for any hint you may have...

Best regards,

Erik

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Wrong profile photo shown in Power Automate

I don't think it takes the photo from your Office 365 delve profile. So click on your profile image in the top right, select My profile then Edit profile. In the Avatars tab you can upload your new photo.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
AKRogers
Level 8

You are referring to your photo in Power Automate in your tenant, right? I’ve been looking into it and I can’t easily find a way to change it through the UI. I have exactly the same situation in one of my tenants. I do know that there was previously a similar disconnect between exchange and SharePoint online photos; I’ll dig a bit to see if it’s something we can force update.
Eric6

Hi @RobElliott,

Sorry, that's a misunderstanding. I was not referring to the picture on this community board. That one is fine, and it's not an actual photo of myself, anyway 🙂

The issue is about the photo that appears for example in the emails generated in an Approval Flow. The email says that I am requesting approval, and it shows my photo. The trouble is that it is not the photo from Delve used in O365, but a previous older photo, and I cannot seem to update it.

Regards,

Erik

Eric6

Hi @AKRogers 

You are right. The question is about Power Automate. In this case, it's about my own photo, but I'm sure other users of my flows would experience the same type of issue once we roll this out more in our organization.

Thanks for having a look at that similar issue you had earlier.

Eric6

Hi @AKRogers,

By now I found out how it works, so I'd like to share the solution in case others have similar issues.

It turns out that the image in the approval messages is not imported from Delve, but instead from a different location for SharePoint. The link to change it is the following:

https://portal.office.com/userphoto

In our organization it is still one level more complicated as the direct update via this link has been disabled so that all user data is instead set via a different application centrally. Still, this photo location is the relevant one.

One difference is also that this "portal" photo is more limited in file size than the one on Delve.

Best regards,

Erik

AKRogers
Level 8

Hi @Eric6,

Nice job figuring that out! And thanks for sharing the solution.  I tested it out in my tenant.  Here's a screenshot of the experience for others:

UpdatePhotoPA_112719.png

Take care!

Ashley

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,096)