cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptar
Level: Powered On

Yammer authentication - service account

I cannot for the life of me authenticate with Yammer.

Having used another automation tool previously, I was able to authenticate a service account in Yammer, which is used to post items of interest to certain groups.

I don't want to use my personal account (people will comment on these items and fill up my notifications with things I'm not at all interested in), so I have created a service account in Yammer explicitly for this purpose.

However, (and this might be a bug in Chrome and Edge, BTW), even if I sign into Flow (in an incognito/In Private window) with the service account, when I go to set up credentials for Yammer, it always picks up my personal account and doesn't give me an option to log in as someone else.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with either the way Flow initiates the OAUTH call,or the way that Yammer handles them.  Help! I'd love to be able to migrate from the other automation platform to Flow.

2 REPLIES 2
reptar
Level: Powered On

Re: Yammer authentication - service account

Wow - seems like it is an issue with Chrome leaking things into Incognito windows. I managed to get this to work just fine with Edge (eventually).

Power Automate Staff andrerod
Power Automate Staff

Re: Yammer authentication - service account

Hi Reptar,

Glad you got around the issue. Indeed, if incognito is properly setup, you shouldnt get that behavior. One thing i know from chrome, is that if you open multiple incognito windows, sometimes that happens from one to another. A good test is to just close all incognito windows and then open one.

Thanks,

Andre

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,002)