cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGordon1
Helper I
Helper I

Yet another add user to group question....

I've a flow where I've previously used the send HTTP action to call Graph to add a user to a standard security group, which works just fine.  I'm trying to switch over this function to use the default Azure AD connector, which isn't premium, and allows me to simplify the flow a bit because I won't have to use Azure key vault (also a premium connector) to store & retrieve the client secret.

Obviously when I make this change, I'm changing the security context the action runs under: HTTP Graph call uses my registered app, Azure AD connector uses the user account the connection is made under - which by default is the same account that's authoring the flow (i.e. me). Problem is, I'm still getting an insufficient privileges error with the Azure AD action "Add a user to a group"

PGordon1_1-1634225017838.png

Top is my HTTP call to graph just to show that it works OK, below is the same task using the Azure AD connector. The AAD task connection is under my user account:

PGordon1_2-1634225119839.png

This account has the following roles assigned:

PGordon1_3-1634225201413.png

So a pretty all-powerful account!!

Further to this, the account is also set as an owner of the group in question:

PGordon1_4-1634225312173.png

But I STILL cannot manage the membership of the group in question.... - I can't think what else I am missing permission-wise.... My account can manage the group interactively in the portal....

Any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,126)