cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Svenny
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Your experience: Easiest way to let users input a list to a Power Automate process

Many of our use cases for Power Automate revolves around letting users input a list of objects for batch processing.

I find myself returning to an Excel file as the way to accomplish this task. This does, to my knowledge, require us to use an excel template with a table and storing the file somewhere in OneDrive, even if just temporarily, to get the file content. We have to do this, even if the user uploads the file to a manually triggered Power Automate process.

In your experience, what is the simplest way to accomplish this task - both for you and your users?

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Svenny 

While I don't know the details of your requirement, I might suggest simply creating a SharePoint list and having the users enter data in SharePoint.  You might also customize the SharePoint forms with PowerApps to make data input easier or even create a stand alone PowerApp which saves the data to SharePoint.  A flow can be configured to run when a new item is created in the SharePoint list.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you for your insight, @ScottShearer 

I don't have a specific requirement that I am looking for. I were just hoping to get a discussion around this theme, and maybe discover some new approaches to these scenarios.

One requirement often cited by users is to be able to bulk copy and paste the data into whatever the input source. Excel achieves this without much hassle in many cases. However, Excel has the other requirements mentioned in my original post which I do not like.

I also think Sharepoint lists supports copy-paste if you use the grid view editor mode. With some customization I know you can also achieve it using a PowerApp.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Svenny 

You are correct that SharePoint supports pasting in data in a grid view.  I believe you can do this in PowerApps but I don't know quite how...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,953)