cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gidiel
New Member

Zendesk Get Items Filter Query

My filter query which is "name eq 'John Smith'" used to be working but since last week, it's not working anymore. Anyone having the same issue or just myself? I have deleted connector and recreated but still having the same issue.

6 REPLIES 6
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

 

Hi @gidiel ,

 

Could you please provide more details about the error message so that we can analyze this issue?

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Below is the output result in JSON format:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://factorsgroup.zendesk.com/api/v2/search.json?page=11&query=type%3Auser' (422): Unprocessable Entity\r\n inner exception: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://factorsgroup.zendesk.com/api/v2/search.json?page=11&query=type%3Auser' (422): Unprocessable Entity\r\nclientRequestId: e2febb4c-d706-4aac-8fb3-a926ade6cc8e",
"source": "zendesk-cc.azconn-cc.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

DeeTronSEAM
Advocate V
Advocate V

@gidiel ,  It appears Zendesk changed their API and the (Flow/BI/PApps) connector has not been updated yet by MSFT team.

 

From what I can see, the changes ZD made will not (currently) allow the MSFT team to get the connector back to working the way it did before the API change.  That does NOT mean it is a dead end for your needs..as your functions may work fine again if the connector is updated.  But in the meantime, some stuff (e.g. oData parameters of sort or filter) seem to totally break the use of the connector.  

 

I suggest starting here on the ZD support site:

 

https://develop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022563994--BREAKING-New-Search-API-Result-Limits?pa... 

 

You'll note I am linking to a page at the end (currently pg3 is the last page) of the thread as much of the original post is not as closely related to the Power Automate issue.  I think it's worth reading the whole thread, but of most relevance for PowerPlatform users is the later stuff.

 

Note that the only viable workaround (at least for my purposes of needing to get filtering, sorting is to use the HTTP Request action to go direct at ZD's API instead of using the ZD connector and its Get Items action.  😞

aaldrich
New Member

I'm having the exact same issue... for some reason, page=11 is being added to the request URL. Removing the filter string, it works fine... except that you can't filter it.

 

I'm trying to just get a list of new tickets. Worked fine for months and then it suddenly stopped.

I just implemented a workaround for me, but this won't work in all cases. In my case, I just wanted new tickets, which will always be near the top. So, I took off the filter string, limited to the top 100 tickets, and then for the next step I did a Filter Array to only leave the new tickets.

I just got this back from MS:

 

"Thanks for your detail, I have shared with our backend team and they identified as bug. The fix for this issue will deployed by end of next week."

 

The issue is that when you add a filter, it's never passed through to the zendesk API.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,878)