cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyharkus86
Resolver II
Resolver II

add row to excel not duplicate

I am using flow to add row in an excel table from a sharepoint list I'd like it to check that the item is not already in excel before adding it. 

i'd like to do this by checking that the ID number in the excel spread sheet is not the same as the ID number from sharepoint, if it is not then it will add the row

This is what i have at the moment and i am getting duplicates. 

amyharkus86_0-1623930283562.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amyharkus86
Resolver II
Resolver II

After further research i found that others have had the same issue, the solution that also worked for me was to re-create my excel spreadsheet, so i copied all the data and formatting across, and re-pointed my flow to my new excel spreadsheet, I am no longer getting duplicates. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@amyharkus86  you flow looks correct, can you share the outputs of filter List rows and filter array action from the flow run to further understand on whats going on in the flow when it runs.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri please see screen shots of the flow once its ran, all looks to be doing as it should, but as you can see from the screen shot of the table within excel test runs it has the same ID number 1449 in this case and there are 3 entries, it should only add it if that number is not already in the spreadsheet. 

amyharkus86_0-1624270986938.pngamyharkus86_1-1624271003942.pngamyharkus86_2-1624271018825.png

@amyharkus86  from screenshots it looks like the filter array is not working, it doesnt return any matching results, are you sure the SharePoint ID is there in the excel? Need to check in outputs of List rows present in table.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri Yes the ID is present in both, here is a snippet from my excel file, as you can see in the second column i have  'ID' this is the ID count from the sharepoint list.

amyharkus86_1-1625740078058.png

I have a PowerApps that creates an item in a SharePoint list on submission, then the flow on a new item being created in the SharePoint list adds the row to excel. 

amyharkus86
Resolver II
Resolver II

After further research i found that others have had the same issue, the solution that also worked for me was to re-create my excel spreadsheet, so i copied all the data and formatting across, and re-pointed my flow to my new excel spreadsheet, I am no longer getting duplicates. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,709)