cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brendanw
Level: Powered On

adding attachment at an auto generated email

Just wondering if someone may be able to help, i have created a flow of which Forms auto generates an email using the pre filled in form data to be sent out to my clients, id like to attach documents to this email but for some reason cannot work out how?

just wondering if someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: adding attachment at an auto generated email

Hi @Brendanw

Where would the documents come from to be attached to the email? 

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Brendanw

Hi Fausto,

The Idea is to have them come frrom a sharepoint site. in stored dcouments.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Brendanw

The issue I see with your scenario is that you will have to specify the files that need to be attached. Not sure if the files will be the same or will vary depending on your client. Let's say the files are the same. You would have to use the "SharePoint - Get file content" action, but this only let's you retrieve one file. And once you get the file content, then you can do the attachment in the "Send an email" action.

I will have to do some tests here and see how to retrieve multiple files, get their content, and rebuild them as attachments to the email action. Hopefully someone from the Flow team can jump in the discussion and suggest the best approach for your case while I work on my tests.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Brendanw

Hi Fausto,

i can make do with a single file.

the idea is that when a new form is created. the data from the form (the name and the email  address ) is used to pe fill the body of an email and the address sent.

i have started with when a new form is created.

then run parrel actions 1)a being get file contnet and 1)b get response details.

the action 2 is send email using the data collected. the data fed through whne done like this is only the outcome of 1)a.

if i do not have the action of 1)a then the data retrived is all that is required from 1)b.

regards Brendan

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Brendanw,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

How do you get the documents from your SharePoitn library?

Further, do you want to obtain multiple documents from your SharePoint library and attach them as attachment files of an email?

If you want to attach multiple documents from your SharePoint library to the email, please consider take a try with the following thread that I responsed as a reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Copy-Sharepoint-item-attachments-as-an-attachment-in...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 168 members 5,371 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: