cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

alert group once a file has been moved out of folder into another folder

Hello, was trying to see if it was possible to have a flow so when a user moves a file from a folder into another folder it will alert the users in both folder groups, i wasnt sure if this was even possible and have been trying to wrap my brain around it.

Have made a flow which emails users of that group when a new file is created/modified or deleted but cant seem to figure the other out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: alert group once a file has been moved out of folder into another folder

Hi @jreynolds25 ,

Thanks for giving more clarification.

Currently there is no trigger could be used to alert the users when existing files are moved to another folder.

If you need this feature, please feel free post your request on Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jreynolds25 ,

Which connector are you using?

Let’s say that you are using SharePoint, and users move file by clicking the “Move to” button.

I have made some tests on my side then I found that for the original file, if I move the file from the original folder to another one, the trigger When a file is deleted or When a file is created or modified (properties only) don’t work.

Please share more details on your scenario, so that I will help figure out a workaround.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hello we are using one drive for business, I have tried looking at various flows from:

On approval, move a new OneDrive for Business file to a different folder, but that isnt what we want as we want if any exisiting file in a folder is moved to another folder it alerts the users of those files, it seems to only be for new files and has to be approved, would like it so no approval is needed

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jreynolds25 ,

Thanks for giving more clarification.

Currently there is no trigger could be used to alert the users when existing files are moved to another folder.

If you need this feature, please feel free post your request on Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,612)