cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Havanna

automatic reminders in power automate

I have two approvals in one flow (1x reviewer & 1x approver). Now I want to receive automatic reminders about the pending approval requests. The reminders should be sent every day or in self defined intervals until the approval has been done. 

Is there a solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Havanna the way we do it is to always save the original request into a SharePoint list and we also have columns for the approver name, approval date and approval decision. Then each day a recurrence schedule flow runs to check if any of the approval dates are empty and, if so, it sends a reminder email.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Havanna

@RobElliott The problem is that first the reviewer must approve before the document goes on to the approver, who then sets the content approval status to 'approved'. As far as I know you can only access one content approval status? And the reviewer is not supposed to have permissions for that. When the reviewer has approved the document, it should just be sent on to the approver. This all works as well, except that the employees are not reminded again if there is still an approval pending.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,743)