cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adityasharma

automatically send personalised messages to teams

I am unable to send personalised messages on teams from either of the data resources like excel or power bi, need help!!!

9 REPLIES 9
vivekpande18
Super User
Super User

Hi @adityasharma , 

What is the error your are facing. Can you give us more insight about your flow. 

It will help other folks to understand and help you. 

Hi Vivek, 

I believe that power automate can be a 2 way chat system , right , because when I automate my flow , message fires but to the person whom I am sending to, they reply but i am unable to see their replies , may i know the reason ?

vivekpande18
Super User
Super User

Hi @adityasharma , 

Yes, it's a two way system, but it totally depend up on the trigger you use. 

If you use trigger which sends message and wait for response, then in that case only you will get response. 

If your use trigger which simply sends a message, then you will not get response. 

Moral of the story is, you have to tell Power Automate that I want response back.. 

Thanks, 

Vivek Pande

If this answers your query, accept it as solution & if you like response provide thumbs up. 

Could you kindly help me with the same , i have made a pipeline from Excel to teams messaging but i also want to seek the response.

vivekpande18
Super User
Super User

Hi @adityasharma ,

Can you elaborate more on your requirements.

Whatever you have build, can you can send me the screenshot ?

Thanks

Vivek

Hi this is the workflow, help me to make this 2way so that i can get their message and reply

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 2.29.20 PM.png

Also if you can help me in understand the way in which I can resolve this below ss,
I used data from emails from the excel table and tried sending the emails to those present inside excel with a message, though i currently cannot run the same.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 2.45.00 PM.png

Hi @adityasharma ,

you can make use "Post adaptive card and wait for a response" action instead of your and create a proper adaptive card and send as message.

please find below video for details understanding : https://youtu.be/IYihxmGCbMg

Thanks

Vivek

Hi @adityasharma ,

What is the trigger for this flow?  Is your enabled?

Kindly refresh your flow and check again, it doesn't seems to be the logical issue to me.

Thanks,

Vivek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (2,061)