cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

base64ToBinary expression does not save

I created a flow to upload files from Power Apps. I used ask Power Apps action to get  file name and content. For content, I used this expression - base64ToBinary(triggerBody()['CreatefileFileContent']). But this expression will not save even I saved it. While I was working on the flow, I could test it successfully. But whenever I saved and reopened the flow, the expression will be gone and it'll switch back to CreateFileContent default. This appears a bug. Anyone has any way to save the expression?

ppei_0-1601073974066.png

Thanks, in advance.

Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is weird. I tested today and it worked. Although the formula still doesn't show in the flow, the action actually converts the file and all files are now readable again. So the issue has been resolved. I hope Microsoft can resolve the issue to display the correct formula in future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ppei  

Can you add a Compose action above the Create action and check if the Power Apps returns you base64 content..

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes Thank you for your suggestion. What input should I enter for Compose?

Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ppei 

Please add the "CreateefilFileContent" in the Compose action and pasted the screenshot for the output of the action.

@CFernandes Below is my screenshot. Thank you!

ppei_0-1601655395006.png

Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ppeiPlease try, the formula below:

base64ToBinary(outputs('<your Power Apps Variable>'))

CFernandes_0-1601745877749.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes  I don't have any variables. I can only put CreatefileFileName or CreatefileFileContent. I added CreatefileFileContent and got an error when I tried to save it. Do you have any ideas?

ppei_0-1601760489172.png

It is weird. I tested today and it worked. Although the formula still doesn't show in the flow, the action actually converts the file and all files are now readable again. So the issue has been resolved. I hope Microsoft can resolve the issue to display the correct formula in future.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,713)