cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCallTX
Frequent Visitor

building API call from Excel data

I need to create a flow to build an API call based on information in an Excel spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet is sent every day via email, and it can contain a varying number of rows each day.  I only need to retrieve a single cell from each row.

First, I'm having trouble getting PowerAutomate to retrieve the single cell from the spreadsheet.  The action I am trying to use requires there being a table in the spreadsheet, and there isn't one.  Surely there is some way to do this, but I can't figure out what it is.  

Second, since the number of rows varies in the spreadsheet each day, would building an array with the value of Column M from each row be possible?

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

A different approach to consider is to use your flow to trigger off the email and move the attachment to a SharePoint folder, and then trigger refresh of a Power BI dataset that uses that folder as the source.  Using the query editor in Power BI, you can easily extract the data you need from each workbook and append them, and then have multiple options to get that aggregated data back out.

Pat

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,334)