Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GK_BPL
Level: Powered On

building email feedback flow

Hello,

I am building a new flow and I just wanted suggestions on how the flow community would build this flow.

Basically we have two people, client and guide.

client comes he fills a form and once he submit the guide needs to receive it, review the answers and then take the client for a tour, once the tour is done the guide will say some prices to the client.

then client receive a welcoming email and all the prices the guide suggested which can vary from client to client.

So what I had in mind was for the client to submit a microsoft form, then guide receives through flow an email with answers and a feedback box in which the guide could type the prices and then click on send.

The client receives welcoming email containg the prices.

but i realize that microsoft flow does not let you have a comment/feeback/text box within e-mail so what should I do, does anyone have a different approach on how to build this flow or how to add a comment box?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: building email feedback flow

@GK_BPL:

Here is one suggestion:

1. Customer submits a survey via Forms (as you have suggested)
  2. When Form is submitted, a SharePoint list item is created with detail from the Form by a Flow
    1. The Flow might also notify the Guide that a new Form has been submitted and include a link to the SharePoint list item
  3. The SharePoint list includes a multi-line text box or other columns where guide can enter info for inclusion in email 
  4. Have a Flow send email back to the potential customer based on the information entered by the Guide
    1. You might use a For a Selected item trigger, but other triggers could be used also

If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.  If not, please provide detail on why the solution will not work for you.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

GK_BPL

Hello

Thank you very much for your solution @ScottShearer, and sorry for replying late I was away from office due to bank holiday 🙂

Thank you for the flow which I was using till I realized that even though in Flow you cannot add a feeback box in an email you have one in the Approval, so I'm using a diffrent flow at the moment which is as follow:

1. Client fill a form and then lick submit
  2. Guide receives an Approval and can see in the body all the details submitted by the client in the form
  3. Guide has two button Approve and Reject (Reject button is not being used )
  4. Guide click on Approve button, Feeback box will appear, guide can write in the box the price details and the click on submit feedback
  5. Client receives welcoming email plus the details in the box

This is the flow I am using at the moment, It would be a lot better if instead of using Approval I could just use Email with Options in which I could add a feeback box and a button option that says Send

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@GK_BPL:

Here is one suggestion:

1. Customer submits a survey via Forms (as you have suggested)
  2. When Form is submitted, a SharePoint list item is created with detail from the Form by a Flow
    1. The Flow might also notify the Guide that a new Form has been submitted and include a link to the SharePoint list item
  3. The SharePoint list includes a multi-line text box or other columns where guide can enter info for inclusion in email 
  4. Have a Flow send email back to the potential customer based on the information entered by the Guide
    1. You might use a For a Selected item trigger, but other triggers could be used also

If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.  If not, please provide detail on why the solution will not work for you.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @GK_BPL!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
GK_BPL

Hello

Thank you very much for your solution @ScottShearer, and sorry for replying late I was away from office due to bank holiday 🙂

Thank you for the flow which I was using till I realized that even though in Flow you cannot add a feeback box in an email you have one in the Approval, so I'm using a diffrent flow at the moment which is as follow:

1. Client fill a form and then lick submit
  2. Guide receives an Approval and can see in the body all the details submitted by the client in the form
  3. Guide has two button Approve and Reject (Reject button is not being used )
  4. Guide click on Approve button, Feeback box will appear, guide can write in the box the price details and the click on submit feedback
  5. Client receives welcoming email plus the details in the box

This is the flow I am using at the moment, It would be a lot better if instead of using Approval I could just use Email with Options in which I could add a feeback box and a button option that says Send

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,444)