Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohamedMo
Helper II
Helper II

change created by email permission on the item

Dears,

I created a Power Automate workflow to break permission on the item after submitted and everything works well except in one case,

I need to change the permission created by email to be read or view permission on the item but after submitting the item it gives me full control , read permission i need it to be read-only how do I change it and my workflow in the below screenshots any advice please.

5.PNG

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Oh, I see - okay. 

Please check this out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/manage-list-it...

More specifically, the "Stop Sharing" action. It says it will remove all permissions except for site owners. You will need to clear permissions after you break inheritance, to remove anyone who was in there previously, and THEN set the new permissions.

I'm guessing that prior to running this flow, you were in the permissions as Full Control? 

R

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

Are you part of the 'test1 Owners' group as well?

Thanks,

R

Hi there

no I’m not a part of test1 owner group it’s an empty group 

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Oh, I see - okay. 

Please check this out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/manage-list-it...

More specifically, the "Stop Sharing" action. It says it will remove all permissions except for site owners. You will need to clear permissions after you break inheritance, to remove anyone who was in there previously, and THEN set the new permissions.

I'm guessing that prior to running this flow, you were in the permissions as Full Control? 

R

thanks solved

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,682)