cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanybone
Helper I
Helper I

change email notification on flow failure

Hi, I created a flow for my team in another office. I added them all as owners of the flow. 

When a flow fails only I get an email notification. 2 Questions ...

1. how do I send this notification to another owner instead of me? 

2. How do i get it to send immediately after failure. Sometimes i get it 3 days later. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to know this too! There doesn't seem to be a way of finding out who will get notified, or to change / add more people. If my user account gets shut down when I leave, how does the flow decide who the failure emails go to? Surely this is configurable somewhere?

gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@beanybone ,

You can explore the actions menu to see some helpful options.

gabibalaban_1-1643310744774.png

The easiest way to achieve your goal is to encapsulate all your actions (except the initialize variable type actions which should be first and has no reason to throw errors ) into a Scope action  and after that to treat in paralel branches the actions in case of success or error. This way you can decide who will be instantly notified about flow failure without sharing with others.

Here is a flow sample:

gabibalaban_0-1643310494010.png

Hope it helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,598)