cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yumajavaro
Level: Powered On

check "Make the field optional" is not enabled.

Hi,

I made an instant flow, but in the fields of "Manually trigger a flow" the check "Make the field optional" is not enabled to unmark. why this can happen and how i can solved it? I need the field is not mandatory.

thanks for the help

flowfiledoptional.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: check "Make the field optional" is not enabled.

I think this is just a bug in the menu formatting.  Toggling this entry does switch the field from being required to optional and back again. But the menu entry always shows up as enabled.  If you look at the fields when you press the trigger though you'll see a red '*' for fields that are required and none for fields that are optional. if you test the Flow you will see that this does toggle between the two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I think this is just a bug in the menu formatting.  Toggling this entry does switch the field from being required to optional and back again. But the menu entry always shows up as enabled.  If you look at the fields when you press the trigger though you'll see a red '*' for fields that are required and none for fields that are optional. if you test the Flow you will see that this does toggle between the two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @yumajavaro ,

I have reproduced this issue, it seems that the “Make the field optional” cannot be unmarked.

I will help report this issue and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yumajavaro

It is effectively a visual problem in the flow form, when the flow is executed, the optional fields and the obligatory fields are reflected.

We will wait for answers or update provided by Microsoft.

Thanks a lot.

yumajavaro

Thank you Mabel for your response and support, I remain attentive to the progress you have.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @yumajavaro,

I have some updates for you.

The checkmark is just an icon, and does not change with the state of the toggle. So the functionality is working albeit a super confusing UI since it looks like it should be a toggle. The text will change between "Make the field required" and "Make the field optional", which should indicate the state to the user.

Please check it again. You could see that you have two selections “make the field optional” and “make the filed required” when you click the checkbox.

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yumajavaro

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Thanks a lot for your answer,

OK, not is a check field, i understand now the functionality.

Then i have a issue, I have 8 field in the "Manually Trigger" and configured two fields like "Optional", a number field and a file field. In the second step after of a condition, it send a email with the information of the 8 fields, but i have a problem with the file optional field, show an error because not exist attachment, i thought and hoped that just send null but didnt, ¿is mandatory that file optional field have information for this case?

error flow campos 1.png

error flow campos 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,306)