cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjenvdb
Frequent Visitor

copy sharepoint list attachment to a sharepoint library AND update file & item properties

Hi,

We're a physics lab where we create samples and measure them using a variety of techniques and we need a simple database in which to store the data. I'm currently trying to create a web app (using powerapps) to allow users to upload measurement data (a variety of filetypes) into the database.

The way I see this working is as follows:

• the user uploads a file and adds metadata (Sample number and a few other bits) using a form in powerapps
  • on submitting the form, an item is created in a list
  • a flow kicks in which:
    1. extracts the attachment and saves it in a library
    2. updates the file information so it has the sample number and the ID of the parent list item
    3. update the list item information so it has url of the saved file and removes the attachment from the list item.

Using this post, I have tackled step 1 of the flow but i'm struggling to figure out how to go about step 2 and 3

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Arjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arjenvdb,

For your step2,how would you like to update the file information? you could take a try to add a column in the library than update the column value with  ID of the parent list item.

For your step3,I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.,removes the attachment from the list item is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arjenvdb,

For your step2,how would you like to update the file information? you could take a try to add a column in the library than update the column value with  ID of the parent list item.

For your step3,I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.,removes the attachment from the list item is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

thanks for your help, I did manage to create the flow (and more). The only thing I didn't achieve was to delete the item but that's not a problem.

The reason why I was stuck on this was not being able to see all the dynamic fields available and the "see all" button being obscured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (30,106)