cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjenvdb
Frequent Visitor

copy sharepoint list attachment to a sharepoint library AND update file & item properties

Hi,

We're a physics lab where we create samples and measure them using a variety of techniques and we need a simple database in which to store the data. I'm currently trying to create a web app (using powerapps) to allow users to upload measurement data (a variety of filetypes) into the database.

The way I see this working is as follows:

• the user uploads a file and adds metadata (Sample number and a few other bits) using a form in powerapps
  • on submitting the form, an item is created in a list
  • a flow kicks in which:
    1. extracts the attachment and saves it in a library
    2. updates the file information so it has the sample number and the ID of the parent list item
    3. update the list item information so it has url of the saved file and removes the attachment from the list item.

Using this post, I have tackled step 1 of the flow but i'm struggling to figure out how to go about step 2 and 3

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Arjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: copy sharepoint list attachment to a sharepoint library AND update file & item properties

Hi @arjenvdb,

For your step2,how would you like to update the file information? you could take a try to add a column in the library than update the column value with  ID of the parent list item.

For your step3,I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.,removes the attachment from the list item is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: copy sharepoint list attachment to a sharepoint library AND update file & item properties

Hi @arjenvdb,

For your step2,how would you like to update the file information? you could take a try to add a column in the library than update the column value with  ID of the parent list item.

For your step3,I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.,removes the attachment from the list item is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

arjenvdb
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

thanks for your help, I did manage to create the flow (and more). The only thing I didn't achieve was to delete the item but that's not a problem.

The reason why I was stuck on this was not being able to see all the dynamic fields available and the "see all" button being obscured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,608)