cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

create approval flow to delete a file from SharePoint library

l want to create an approval flow to reject or approve a deleting file from SharePoint. When someone deletes a file from a library before it moves to the recycle bin it should go into an approval flow. So the file will be in pending to be deleted status after approval it will then move to the recycle bin. 

I have tried to do this scenario but it did not work, see the image attached.   Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fatimah_33, everything that we have within our flow is usually reactive to something happening. We have a trigger which is "When a file is deleted" however this is reactive to the deletion being successful. We don't have the ability to intercept the out-of-the-box delete command and then choose whether to override it or not.

What could be an option, is that a metadata field is created on the file which is "Mark for deletion" which can then trigger a disposition workflow. You would potentially need to limit the users ability to delete by removing their delete right, but just keep in mind that this also limits the ability for the user to rename or move a file.

I hope that helps

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fatimah_33, everything that we have within our flow is usually reactive to something happening. We have a trigger which is "When a file is deleted" however this is reactive to the deletion being successful. We don't have the ability to intercept the out-of-the-box delete command and then choose whether to override it or not.

What could be an option, is that a metadata field is created on the file which is "Mark for deletion" which can then trigger a disposition workflow. You would potentially need to limit the users ability to delete by removing their delete right, but just keep in mind that this also limits the ability for the user to rename or move a file.

I hope that helps

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,724)