cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatimah_33
Helper I
Helper I

create approval flow to delete a file from SharePoint library

l want to create an approval flow to reject or approve a deleting file from SharePoint. When someone deletes a file from a library before it moves to the recycle bin it should go into an approval flow. So the file will be in pending to be deleted status after approval it will then move to the recycle bin. 

I have tried to do this scenario but it did not work, see the image attached.   Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Fatimah_33, everything that we have within our flow is usually reactive to something happening. We have a trigger which is "When a file is deleted" however this is reactive to the deletion being successful. We don't have the ability to intercept the out-of-the-box delete command and then choose whether to override it or not.

What could be an option, is that a metadata field is created on the file which is "Mark for deletion" which can then trigger a disposition workflow. You would potentially need to limit the users ability to delete by removing their delete right, but just keep in mind that this also limits the ability for the user to rename or move a file.

I hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Fatimah_33, everything that we have within our flow is usually reactive to something happening. We have a trigger which is "When a file is deleted" however this is reactive to the deletion being successful. We don't have the ability to intercept the out-of-the-box delete command and then choose whether to override it or not.

What could be an option, is that a metadata field is created on the file which is "Mark for deletion" which can then trigger a disposition workflow. You would potentially need to limit the users ability to delete by removing their delete right, but just keep in mind that this also limits the ability for the user to rename or move a file.

I hope that helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,311)