cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
jlynch92009
Frequent Visitor

create team with Power Automate - resource not found - sometimes

I have a flow that creates a Team.  I have a 1 minute delay then down the flow we need to get more info so I can create a link to the SP site created by the Team.  I use an http call with Graph and that works most of the time.  On occasion it fails with "Resource not Found"  I created a run after so that if it fails we wait 15 minutes and try again, now that one occasionally fails too.  Any idea why the issue is intermittent?  

 

further, before I invoke the graph call I get the Team using the new team id, use that ID to get the group, then in the graph call it fails, even though both of the previous calls work and yield correct results.

 

Here is the input for the graph call:

 

{
    "method""GET",
    "retryPolicy": {
        "type""Fixed",
        "interval""PT20S",
        "count"10
    },
    "authentication": {
        "tenant""xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
        "audience""https://graph.microsoft.com",
        "clientId""xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3",
        "secret""*sanitized*",
        "type""ActiveDirectoryOAuth"
    }
}
 
and the outputs:
{
    "statusCode"404,
    "headers": {
        "Transfer-Encoding""chunked",
        "Vary""Accept-Encoding",
        "Strict-Transport-Security""max-age=31536000",
        "request-id""6deb3cf1-fb13-4255-b0ad-aa4d431a9233",
        "client-request-id""6deb3cf1-fb13-4255-b0ad-aa4d431a9233",
        "x-ms-ags-diagnostic""{\"ServerInfo\":{\"DataCenter\":\"West US\",\"Slice\":\"E\",\"Ring\":\"4\",\"ScaleUnit\":\"000\",\"RoleInstance\":\"BY1PEPF0000322A\"}}",
        "Date""Tue, 13 Jul 2021 17:44:03 GMT",
        "Content-Type""application/json",
        "Content-Length""227"
    },
    "body": {
        "error": {
            "code""ResourceNotFound",
            "message""Resource is not found.",
            "innerError": {
                "date""2021-07-13T17:44:03",
                "request-id""6deb3cf1-fb13-4255-b0ad-aa4d431a9233",
                "client-request-id""6deb3cf1-fb13-4255-b0ad-aa4d431a9233"
            }
        }
    }
}
 
again, this only happens once every 20 to 40 times.  let me know if you have ideas, as I said, i've already introduced 2 separate delays of 5 minutes and then on a run after another 15 minute delay so it doesn't seem to be a provisioning issue.
1 REPLY 1
darb1985
Regular Visitor

Hi,

 

I thought i would share my way of working around this isssue, it is as follows:

 

Basically it is a do-while loop, i check until the response status starts with "2", in case of "resource not found" it starts with "4". So sometimes it works right after the creation of the team, and sometimes i see it loops up to 8 times.

 

But i find this way to be more reliable than with a fix delay of 5 minutes.

 

Hope it helps!!

 

darb1985_0-1643705935819.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,779)