cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Re: created a new Form in a group - how do I access that Form in Flow?

@RobElliott thanks for the suggestion, I've been trying that but getting very inconsistent behavior.

Dean Gross

Office 365- MSCA
SharePoint - MCSE
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

So it works (funny how it "is not supported") might be better if it was in the drop down list. It was no good me changing my flow after I moved the Form. I had to start from scratch. One of the fields did not present itself as the field name rather an id code but as it was the only one I assumed it was phone number and was correct. I guess the test is will it work consistently as pointless if not. I will repost when i know more. Thanks to the contributer, a great work around that may well have other uses.

Highlighted

Why create a collaborative tool, only to then limit all the collaborative channels. Talk about majorly short-sighted, standard MS i guess. Always just missing the mark when it comes to their improvements. 

@tpalmer wrote:

Hi all - Forms created in Groups are not currently supported in the Forms connector, please add the suggestion to our ideas page so other users can vote on it as well! https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas 

Highlighted

Thank you, I just got this to work as well.  Brilliant hack!

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

What share link are you using to get the id from? I have tried a couple and does not seem to be working. Cannot get the dynamic content to be visible in Flow. 

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

go to the view where you would fill it in. Copy everything after = it will start with an s. Go to flow, when you select form choose enter custom value. Paste in the id.

Works consistently for me

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

If you move the flow, do you need to restart from scratch? Everything sees to work except for the population of responses in the SharePoint ID fields. Only gives me a custom option. If custom is the only option, how do you form the string?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Admin1 ,

Does this have already been supported in MS Flow? Is there a real guide what form id you need to put on the field?

I tried the solution on these posts but it didn't work. 

Wondering why this simple feature has not been included on the template. Looking forward for a positive and concrete solution.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@LHCY when you say it doesn't work, what exactly do you mean? Can you give more info about what you are doing? Each Group form only has 1 ID and that needs to be pasted in to the When a new response is submitted action and Get response details action:
groupForm.png

groupForm-Flow2.pngRob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RobElliott 

Initially, for some reason it didn't work. But it's already working now the same as your screenshot. I pasted the value after the = sign on the field.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=u-HLhj8hcUKxdL1Z0DyHo6FawGoAFqpHuFmR4Aen7w1UNkJTT083WE02OUJZS0g1TFBYNktEQVhCUiQlQCN0PWcu

I appreciate for checking this out.

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,160)