Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsgma
Helper II
Helper II

email body ignores line returns

Hello,

I have a problem that I cannot figure out.

I have a flow that collects the body of an e-mail and puts it on the body of an event. In doing that I converted from HTML to text. I then e-mail that content. 

When I run the flow on that second e-mail the text collapses into several few lines in what seems a random way (it does not really matter it is random, I would just like it would not do it).

so if the original mail reads:

«

Bananas

Oranges

Peaches

»

The second mail looks like that but without formatting and the third looks like:

«

Bananas Oranges Peaches

»

Any ideas?

N

2 REPLIES 2
melim
Power Automate
Power Automate

Are you using the Outlook connector?  I tried the scenario you described and used the "Html to text" connector. It mostly preserved the formatting of my email:

Original message:

"Unique

formatting

example"

Output:

"Unique

formatting

example"

HtmlToTextConverter.png

Hi @melim

It's on the second round that it happens - meaning if you go through the flow a second time with the same message.

But actually it is quite easy to replicate, if your message is not html but rich or plain text the line breaks will go so

«

Rice

Pasta

Patatoes

»

becomes

«

RicePastaPatatoes

»

Is there a to check if a message is html or not?

Is the only way to work with the body of a message to convert to text?

Thanks,N

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,432)