cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

email sent to a specific O365 group included in a sharepoint list

I would like that when an email is sent to a specific O365 group, it will be included on a subweb page in a sharepoint list with possible attachments.

Columns: sender, subject, sent on, text, attachments

What list do I have to create for this?

Is there a trigger for this?

Which actions do I have to choose? One or more?

Is there a manual for this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: email sent to a specific O365 group included in a sharepoint list

Hi @olafn,

Do you want to save body or attachments of the email to a SharePoint list when you sent email to an Office 365 group?

Or save body or attachments of the email to a SharePoint list when any email is sent to Inbox folder of specific 0365 group mailbox?

We could save the basic information (sender, subject, sent on, text and etc.) of email to columns of a SharePoint list and then add the attachments of the email to corresponding SharePoint list item. I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:

Sender       Single line of text

Subject      Single line of text

Sent on      Date and time

Text            Multiple line of text

6.JPGIf you want to achieve the first one, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a “When a new email arrives” trigger, Has Attachment field and Include Attachments field set to Yes.
  • Add a Condition, left input box set to To dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to the specific Office 365 group email, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within “If/yes” branch of Condition, add a “Html to text” action, Content field set to Body dynamic content of the trigger. Add a “Create item” action, Text field set to output of “Create item” action.

Then Add a “Apply to each” action, Input parameter set to Attachments dynamic content of the trigger. Within “Apply to each”, add a “Add attachment” action, Id field set to ID dynamic content of “Create item” action, File Name field set to Name dynamic content of the trigger and File content field set to Content dynamic content of the trigger.

Image reference:2.jpg

3.jpg

If you want to achieve the second one, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

5.jpg

Note: Create a connection with specific O365 group account to the "When a new email arrives" trigger.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you Kris, I will try to create the flow

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

here's the exact explanation of what I want.

I want to save the email message, and possible the attachments from an email, when they are sent to a Office365 group, more accurately to an email adress of a distribution list of O365.

I have a o365 group for our employees, but I send the emails to the employees to an email distribution list of o365.

The columns of my list should be:
Sent on (sorted newest at first)
Sender
Subject
Text
Attachments

Whenever an email is sent to the email address of the distribution list of o365, it should appear in the Sharepoint list.

Is this possible?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Kris,

I tried your first alternative. It works. Super.

But the column text-Multiple line of text does not work. See Sreenshot.

html to text.png

html to text.png

What do I need to change?
Does this work for you that does not display HTML?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

hi kris, it works.

the sender will be updated and also the text and the text preview."text html to text" had to be added for text preview.

The only thing that does not work is the display and selection of attachments

Because the text of the emails and the preview are so long, I group the incoming emails by date. It's good.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

attachments:

It should be possible, to see possible attachments, to open or download the attachments.

Is this possible? What needs to be changed?

snip_20180106120349.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

changed nothing, but it no longer works!?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,828)