cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

encodeUriComponent for List Folder / Problems with shared documents in Share Point (The response is not in a JSON format.)

Hi, I have a great working flow but PowerAutomate gives me weekly messages that they have to turn off the flow because of the failed status. I read something today about the EncodeUri component but just don't know what to do. I got help before from @KvB1. See the topic link below.  The problem is at the List Folder part. There the flow gives an error message "The response is not in a JSON format." I don't know what to do to create the proper EncodeUri parameter given the File Identifier Variables. Please advise, help and solve this with me. 
Kind regards, 
Art, The Haven Night Shelter Cape Town

 

ArtHavenShelter_1-1634822517239.png

 

ArtHavenShelter_2-1634822755511.png

 

 

 

Solved: Re: Store attachment, Create folder and check if i... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

With the suggestions you made I started to try various things and came with the following solution in the List Folder: 

%2FShared%20Documents%2FsSHELTER%2CLIENTNAME_CLIENTID

 

Apparently the issue was more for the Shared Documents part. It's not a beautiful solution but it works very well. So I manually Encoded the URL. 

 

%20 for Space

%2F for /

 

Nothing more! Result: No Failing issues anymore.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ArtHavenShelter,

 

Looking at the setup in the previous thread and the screenshot over here I would suggest to implement it in your variables (like Shelter).

 

Below is an example of that approach:

 

encodeUriComponent(variables('SplitSubject')[1])

 

encodeuricomponent_variables.png



Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter


Hi, thanks for assisting me in this. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I still get the same message. It does save the file in the correct folder but the issue remains. Is it possible to do something with 

encodeUriComponent in the List folder part? Kind regards!

 

 



ArtHavenShelter_0-1635280504154.png

 

Can it be that in the URL of the Sharedfolder is a space in the variable of Client Name? So, not only in the variable itself but also in the input. For example:
the address is: shared%20documents/shelter/Van Helden_CLIENTID_ 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ArtHavenShelter,


Yes, that part probably also needs to be encoded (Van%20Helden). Can you test that example?

 



Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter


Hi,

With the suggestions you made I started to try various things and came with the following solution in the List Folder: 

%2FShared%20Documents%2FsSHELTER%2CLIENTNAME_CLIENTID

 

Apparently the issue was more for the Shared Documents part. It's not a beautiful solution but it works very well. So I manually Encoded the URL. 

 

%20 for Space

%2F for /

 

Nothing more! Result: No Failing issues anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,953)