cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieann
Level 8

error recording response

When using the approval action, the approver keeps getting this error, "An error occurred while recording your response. Please try again later!" after clicking on the approve or reject button. But when I checked the run history, there seems to be no error or failed runs and their response is recorded fine on SharePoint. This is only happening on an outlook account using a web app, other emails or account that we are using to test does not receive this error. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

image.png

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: error recording response

Hi julieann,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue with the outlook account you are using?

I create a simple flow with the action “Office 365 – Send an approval email”. I use one of my outlook account, when the approver click the Approve/Reject button, I don’t get any error message, it says that the approve has been successfully registered.

3.PNG

Please try it again on your side. I assume that it might be a temporary issue. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back with the outlook account.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
julieann
Level 8

We tried to test it again but we're still having the error. The outlook account that we are using here is the approver and is considered in SharePoint as an external user that is outside our organization. Is that why we are having the error, maybe? but other email accounts such as gmail does not have this issue. 

julieann
Level 8

Hi,

I submitted a ticket to office365 support to help me with this issue. It seems that MS Flow uses scripts that are not supported in Office 365. is there a way to like, alter the message that the approver will see on the page after clicking on the approve or reject button?

arenoux
Level: Power Up

After long and laborious research, this comes from the renaming of 
action and the use of an element of action. The procedure that works
is renaming the action, enrenglishing the stream, and after that we
can use the response element of the approval email.
beans
Level: Powered On

Hello,

Did you find a resolution.  One of our external users is getting this error  after clicking approve even though the flow runs successfully

arenoux
Level: Power Up

Hello,
you must create the stream without renaming or renaming before using the modules. For me it works.

beans

Hi Arenoux,

We are not using Stream.  We are using the approval flow triggered from a PowerApps. 

julieann
Level 8

Hi,

Sadly, it's not resolved yet until now. So we gave up on it and sticked to using office 365 accounts. For our case, our external users are using the gmail. Here's the explanation that the Microsoft/Office 365 Support gave:

"If the approval is sent to a mail box that is not supported by Flow we don't allow the user to approve / reject. It’s by design that User cannot approve through an email account which cannot be used in Flow."

Highlighted
beans

This works without an issue for users with Gmail and Yahoo.  No issues when we use it internally.  It is only causing an issue with one of our clients who does not have Office365 and gets the error when they click Approve.  The flow runs fine, the record gets updated to approved.  So the client is confused ( rightfully so) as they are unable to see that they approved.    I am under the impression that approval flows can run without having an O365 account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,992)