Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamid
Resolver I
Resolver I

extracting particular Excel attachements from outlook

Hello 

In Outlook I could gather atachements to onedrive file but I want to filter senders and attachment files with specific format( excel ) I appreciate if you help me with this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamid ,

You could configure Flow like this:

• Use When a new email arrives as the trigger, configure the specified email address in From field. Only when the sender is the specified user, Flow will trigger.
  • Configure Condition to determine whether Attachment Name ends with .xlsx or .xls. If yes, the Attachment file is Excel file, then execute Create file action.

Image reference:10.PNG

11.PNG

Plesae take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamid ,

You could configure Flow like this:

• Use When a new email arrives as the trigger, configure the specified email address in From field. Only when the sender is the specified user, Flow will trigger.
  • Configure Condition to determine whether Attachment Name ends with .xlsx or .xls. If yes, the Attachment file is Excel file, then execute Create file action.

Image reference:10.PNG

11.PNG

Plesae take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

HI @v-bacao-msft 

I recived an email that includes several attachements with different formats.The condition is only to extrract files with excel format. but it works for all the files. I tried to put Delete file if the condition is not met but that did not work either. I tested the flow, when the condition is false it says next step is skipped but it goes to the next steps and as a resullt the output I get is from false condition. I would be very thankful for anyhelpUntitled4.png

Hi @Hamid ,

Did you manage to figure this out? I'm having the same problem & its very frustrating - doesn't make any sense!

Thanks, 

Joe 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (32,146)