Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamid
Resolver I
Resolver I

extracting particular Excel attachements from outlook

Hello 

In Outlook I could gather atachements to onedrive file but I want to filter senders and attachment files with specific format( excel ) I appreciate if you help me with this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamid ,

You could configure Flow like this:

• Use When a new email arrives as the trigger, configure the specified email address in From field. Only when the sender is the specified user, Flow will trigger.
  • Configure Condition to determine whether Attachment Name ends with .xlsx or .xls. If yes, the Attachment file is Excel file, then execute Create file action.

Image reference:10.PNG

11.PNG

Plesae take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamid ,

You could configure Flow like this:

• Use When a new email arrives as the trigger, configure the specified email address in From field. Only when the sender is the specified user, Flow will trigger.
  • Configure Condition to determine whether Attachment Name ends with .xlsx or .xls. If yes, the Attachment file is Excel file, then execute Create file action.

Image reference:10.PNG

11.PNG

Plesae take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-bacao-msft 

I recived an email that includes several attachements with different formats.The condition is only to extrract files with excel format. but it works for all the files. I tried to put Delete file if the condition is not met but that did not work either. I tested the flow, when the condition is false it says next step is skipped but it goes to the next steps and as a resullt the output I get is from false condition. I would be very thankful for anyhelpUntitled4.png

Hi @Hamid ,

Did you manage to figure this out? I'm having the same problem & its very frustrating - doesn't make any sense!

Thanks, 

Joe 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,996)