cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

failed to update event on google calendar from O365 calendar

hi, I am trying to create a flow that would update or delete an google calendar event if a O365 calendar event is deleted or updated. 

I use the trigger: When an event is modified

and put in a condition:  Is cancelled is equal to true

if Yes: Delete an event (on google calendar)

if No: Update an event

For some reason if I remove an event on my O365 calendar it doesnt seem to trigger an event. And if I tried to update the event time, it would trigger but fail to update with the following error:

Capture.PNG

any idea how can I get this to work?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: failed to update event on google calendar from O365 calendar

Hi AI,

I create a similar flow with you, I get the same issue. when I remove an event on my Office 365 calendar, the flow would be not triggered, if I modify the event, I would get the same error message the same with you.

It seems that “Is canceled” is not supported in the condition.

As a temporary workaround, may I suggest you create two flows to update or delete event in Google Calendar? Please create two flows to see if they can meet your needs.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel, I did try to create a separate flow to just update the event in Google calendar, it's basically the same without the condition and it gave me the same error when I modify an existing event.

And I cannot create a separate flow to delete an event without using the "Is Canel" condition since there isnt a O365 calendar trigger for "if event is deleted"...

Alfred

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Alfred,

I test again about this issue, I create a flow to update the event in Google calendar when an event in Office 365 calendar is modified. When the flow is triggered, I actually get the error message the same with the flow which has a condition. About this issue, may I suggest you send a feedback by opening a support ticket by going here:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

About the trigger “When an event is deleted” for Office 365 calendar, you could also submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum, so it might be considered as a future release:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Mabel,

I am unable to access the the summit Admin ticket website, the other link is going back to this same community board.

Are you suggesting I should post this again on this board? or is there another way I can submit a support ticket for the issue?

Alfred

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi AI,

I have seen another thread which has the similar issue. I have reported it from my side about the issue with “Update event” action.

The similar thread is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Update-Outlook-Calendar-Event-which-are-copied-form-S...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same issue. Any idea when the update or delete event flows will be fixed? I get the "ID is Malformed" error every time.

TschoofBAH
Level 8

I get this exact same error when I am trying to sync a deletion of a google calendar event to my O365 calendar. I can have it CREATE the event no prob, and even pass the Google Calendar event ID to sync IDs....but updating or deleting I always get "ID is Malformed"

Frustrating to say the least.

Power Automate Staff chandbhu
Power Automate Staff

Hi @Anonymous

I think the reason Google calendar update event is failing is because Calendar ID specified is invalid  ("TFS From MS Flow").

May I know how the value for Calendar ID was entered when creating the flow? 

1) Did you select it from the drop-down list or

2) Manually entered the value?  If manually entered, could you please edit the flow and select calendar from the drop-down and retry.

@Anonymous

are you trying to update Google calendar or O365 calendar ? could you provide additional details on the issue or start a new thread.

Thanks

Chandra

Highlighted
miliscm
Level: Powered On

I am a same problem.

I try to create a flow -> when a event to delete for calendar (google gmail) -> delete event to calendar (outlook 365)

I have a same message "ID is Malformed"

erro excluir evento.JPG

fail.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,784)