cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panda
Helper I
Helper I

flow automate what is difference between outcome vs response for approval

when using a condition that says response is equal to approved or outcome is equal to approved, what is the difference?   In addition, my approval history shows the requester and outcome, but the approvals history tab doesn't show all of the approved actions involved.  what is that approvals history tab used for?

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @panda 

The Outcome refers to the entire outcome of the approval (in case there were multiple responses being expected and the type is first one to respond etc.) and responses are individual responses from each responder. 

The approvals history tab can be used to view the approvals that you sent for approval or received for approval and the view can be toggled from the top right option on the approval history tab. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi Yashag, thank you for your response.  I'm still unclear about the difference

If I am doing multilevel approvals.  example : level one needs to approve it first , then level 2 needs to approve it.  how do i know which one should be used?  I have seen youtube videos for both the outcome and the response being used but still don't get how that changes or which should be used for what purpose.    

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,945)