cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

flow produces duplicates (i cant figure out where to put the condition to check?, images included)

could someone look at this flow and tell me where im going wrong,

It should look to see if a list item has been made and if so do nothing.

form1.png

form2.pngform3.png

*The 2nd condition to check for duplicates has the same code as the first one

Please help so i can close this one off

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @shaneOZ 

You're saving into a list called "Asset Register" and checking the "Open Work Orders." Is this the intended Flow? Since you're creating items in one list and checking in another, the flow will never find occurrences and create new ones. 

If I do not understand this correctly, please let me know, and we can try to find out why this is happening. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

@manuelstgomes wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ 

You're saving into a list called "Asset Register" and checking the "Open Work Orders." Is this the intended Flow? Since you're creating items in one list and checking in another, the flow will never find occurrences and create new ones. 

If I do not understand this correctly, please let me know, and we can try to find out why this is happening. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Thank Manual.

The idea of this flow is to check the Asset Register List for any items that meet the following critera

Asset Register Check if a choice column called Freq. Unit contains the value of "SMU"

Check if the Current SMU column has number values greater than or equal to 450

and also check if the Current SMU column has number values less than or equal to 500

If this criteria is met to then Create a new item in another list called Open Work Orders and if there is already a item in the open work orders with the same values (ie the one created yesterday, the triggers a daily schedule) then do nothing (or update changes)

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @shaneOZ 

I can see that you have the Yes branches in the flow configured appropriately but there is nothing in the No branches. So first you should do this: 

Move the entire thing under the first condition control to the No branch of that particular condition control. 

Move the entire thing under the second condition control to the No branch of that particular condition control and so on. 

IN you current flow, you are just checking the length and irrespective of the condition outcome, running the next action steps which is why it is producing undesired results. (Makes Sense?)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (51,424)