cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

flow runs many times

Hi, i've created a flow that connect outlook to sharepoint online, when a mail arrives it checks on the subject then create an item on a sharepoint discussion board list, but sometimes the flow runs multiple times and create copies of the same item on the list.

flows.JPG

Can you help me on this issue?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi alepau87,

This is really strange since I didn't encount your issue with the same flow. Can you create another similar one test? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
I_like_PI
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@Anonymous

Does your flow move the email to a folder in outlook? Perhaps if you move it, it won't pick it up the second time?

Also does your company run an exchange or do you use Outlook online? You should be concerned about your flow count, if that flow is checking once every minute, you are going to blow through 1400 flows a day. I found that out the hard way, blew through my limit after one night, and couldn't run another flow for the month (still waiting). We use outlook online, and while I am on the basic free plan that says it will only check once every 15, it was checking every minute, those "checks" count as a flow.    

Savan

I am also getting the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issues as well, with a flow that checks a folder in a shared mailbox the flow run twice for each email.

2Capture.PNG

ryanr-pw
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have a similar duplication problem, but with the trigger being an item being modified or created in a SharePoint list. Sometimes it only runs once, but most of the time it runs twice, and sometimes it also sets off a Flow on another item in the list (mostly if that other item had also been edited within the last 10 minutes, it seems). In our case, sometimes they get in each other's way and end up failing, so then I need to run it again. Even when it works, it uses a third-party service that uses up credits for each run, so doubling the runs means doubling the credits used and might increase the pricing tier.

It is not an infinite loop scenario where the Flow is updating the original item and that causes it to run again. It runs double immediately, and there's no update on the original item except within a condition that it rarely branches into (not in any of my test cases).

I have the same issue with a Flow which runs when a record is updated in custom CDS entity when it is edited from a PowerApp. Sometimes the trigger runs 2 or 3 times for one update.

Flow bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,169)