Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar88
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

flow was not able to get proper result for manager details

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get each user manager details and save it a column called "Manager. However after copying one user.manager details, flow is throwing an error that user not found. But when I verify AAD, user is available and active. Below is the error and screen shot of flow. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Error:

{
"error": {
"code": "ResourceNotFound",
"message": "User not found",
"innerError": {

flow 1.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you also verify that the particular user involved had an entry in AAD in the manager property?  You might get the same message if the manager wasn't available.  That is also returned as a user entry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1I haven't verified that yet. Let me confirm on that part. But just to confirm, AM I using right approach to get the manager details? are my steps valid? I am not 100% sure if ym steps are correct or not. Can you please confirm once from your end so that It will be easy for me to isolate the issue.

And also if flow as not able to find a user manager details, will it stop there right away or will it contrinue to verify all the remiaing lin items in that list?

It looks to be the right steps.  The question would be whether the testing Displayname' field in the SharePoint list is actually a Display name for a person or a UPN.  The Get manager V2 action requires an email or UPN.  That might also cause a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

I agree with Barry that you need to add email or UPN to Get manager (V2) action.

In addition, please ensure that the currently populated user does have a Manager assigned to get the expected information.

Please take a try and feel free let us know if you have any other problem.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,179)