cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadone
Helper V
Helper V

form submitted by more than 1 person at the same time

I have a flow thats trigerred when the form is submitted.

The flow failed when 2 people subitted the form same time.

How to handle this kind of form submission.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@cadone

PPlease try to change the concurrency on your trigger to 1, on your trigger action click settings - turn on concurrency and set it to 1.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly 

Thanks for the great tip. I will surely try it. 

I saw that this is not possible to "Undo" so I saved as a back-up and trying. I guess I will have to wait till Monday to have few people try simultaneously to get a real response. 

Soon as I turn on, I get a slider. What does the slider signify. Its set at 25. I assume its 25 responses @ a time. if thats the case i can live with 5 responses at the same time. will reducing to 5 make flow work better (faster vs slower)?

Also, there is no help documentation. is there one?

On the same note, I have a flow action "update row" for updating an excel file row.

Do you think we can do the same thing to that action also?

@cadone

25 means that 25 instances will run in parallel so you need to set to 1 to avoid unwanted parallel actions. 

I don't believe you can set it on the update row action. 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly 

Sorry to bug you again. 

Does setting slider to 1 mean it will allow 2 people to submit responses at the same time?

I don't want the flow to fail when 2 people submit at the same time. I don't know when the form becomes more popular maybe 3 people.

@cadone

SSetting the slider to 1 will make 5he flow process the responses one after the other no matter how many submitted at the same time. Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks for clarifying. Now I understand.

@Mira_Ghaly 

😞

The flow failed. I would be very glad if I could get some help with interpreting the reason.

Error
Action 'Get_file_content_using_path' failed

The error details says "Item not found"

I will update you guys if I can think of a solution, meanwhile, I would appriciate it if you can give me some direction.

cadone_0-1600696317780.png

@cadone 

Can you please give Add the “Get file content” action to the Flow canvas and add the item “id” output of the ‘Parse JSON’ action.

Untitled.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes 

I thought should post a fresh screen shot with them expanded. I am a bit confused about how to use "ID" to JSON. shouldn't it be following the schema.

The error I got is at the "get file content using path". said item not avaialble.

cadone_1-1600704705230.png

@CFernandes @Mira_Ghaly 

Can you guys understand how the file was deleted if the flow failed?

cadone_0-1600705466319.png

@cadone 

The Parse JSON will return the id(Note: You DO NOT need to pass the id to Parse JSON)

CFernandes_0-1600706769324.png

Pass the Id to 'Get file content' action'.

CFernandes_1-1600706850149.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes 

Thank you for your patience. I haven't tried it. Can you please tell me if this is what you meant? 

cadone_0-1600711389173.png

@cadone Yes...It looks correct. Please give that a shot...

@CFernandes 

I tried 2 tests.

1st test was just 1 submit of the form all by itself. worked well.

2nd test. 2 separate form submits at the same time (from 2 different devices). The queue showed 1 was in "Waiting..." while the other was running. The 1of2 success, 2of2 failed at the same spot. here is a screenshot. Item Not Found. 

cadone_0-1600723282842.png

@CFernandes 

Here is a screenshot.

cadone_0-1600752036792.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,804)