cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJacobs
Advocate I
Advocate I

formula/expression beautifier indenting

Anyone found an online tool for beautifying messy formula expressions? You know, with proper indenting to make it more readable?  I'm aware of the helpful indenting in the editor when you type an expression- each time you press enter, it indents properly.  But I'm often typing in another editor, or copying/pasting, or too lazy to use the editor properly.  

I want to turn this:

SJacobs_1-1631388280000.png

Into this:

SJacobs_0-1631388189292.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

As the Power Fx language used in Power Apps and Power Automate is based on Microsoft Excel, all I can suggest is that you try the Excel Formula Beautifier site Online Excel Formula Beautifier:

if(or(empty(triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong']), equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong'], ',')),'25.35342762,55.43085479',triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong'])

ekarim2020_2-1631394459765.png

Just remove the equals sign from the Beautifier then paste into Power Automate.

Ellis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

As the Power Fx language used in Power Apps and Power Automate is based on Microsoft Excel, all I can suggest is that you try the Excel Formula Beautifier site Online Excel Formula Beautifier:

if(or(empty(triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong']), equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong'], ',')),'25.35342762,55.43085479',triggerOutputs()?['body/LatLong'])

ekarim2020_2-1631394459765.png

Just remove the equals sign from the Beautifier then paste into Power Automate.

Ellis

Thanks ekarim2020 - that's just what I was looking for.  I tried nearly every programming language I could think of, but not came out as well formatted as that one.  

PREVIEW

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,332)