Hi Power Community:
I have a problem, I need to call data from a table with a function similar to vlookup. I don't know how to do it, and I don't know how to create the database containing the data I need to call.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for reaching out to the community!
Please can you give some more details.
1) Is your data currently in Excel / SharePoint List?
2) Is it a single table of data or a relational database with multiple linked tables of data?
3) What kind of size are we talking about - how many records, 10s, 100s or 1000s, and how many fields?
4) What type of data is it (in general terms).
Hi Jason, Thanks for your response:
I have an Excel table where the price data is stored and which I need to calculate with the captured data in a Sharepoint List. The idea is:
1) Concatenate two fields from the Sharepoint list, to search for a product brand from the Excel table.
2) Select the type of product from the same Excel table.
3) Multiply the quantity of product requested in the sharepoint list to:
a) validate the client's budget.
b) approve the sale.
4) Select data about producto and save in the Sharepoint List.
About your questions:
1) Is your data currently in Excel / SharePoint List?. Data is in Sharepoint list and Excel.
2) Is it a single table of data or a relational database with multiple linked tables of data? Is a single table with branches, productos and prices.
3) What kind of size are we talking about - how many records, 10s, 100s or 1000s, and how many fields? Excel table has a 500 rows and 21 columns
4) What type of data is it (in general terms).Integer, boolean and String.
I can use VLOOKUP, but not SharePoint lists (yet). VLOOKUP is being replaced by XLOOKUP but not rolled out to all Office 365, not on my Work computer yet...
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.