cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LasseT
Regular Visitor

how do I add a new line or carriage return into a string?

Hi,

I'm building a string of attached files in a SharePoint list (filename and URL for each attachment) to go into an email.

It works, but I would like a new line between each attachment in the email, how do I add a new line or carriage return into a string?

There is a similar subject post but I could not get anything to work?!?

So atm, my output is something like this:

File1 Url1 File2 Url2 File3 Url3 ...

and I would like:

File1 Url1

File2 Url2

File3 Url3

how to add CR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LasseT
Regular Visitor

So after pulling my hair out for a while, I found that since the string is going inside an email I could add the HTML code </br> at the end to solve the problem.

fixed.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello!

Have you tried putting the return after your data in the "Append to string" variable action?

at the end you will have a single return, but I assume that wouldn't be a problem as the string is being dropped into an email.

I had my Flow loop through the rows in an excel table and append the value in the "Title" column to the string variable plus a carriage return, so every iteration of the loop adds the data to the blank line created in the last loop then adds a new line. I threw the variable into a Compose to see the output and it looked like it worked.

Please tell me if this works for you!

Kyle

Append to String.png

LasseT
Regular Visitor

So after pulling my hair out for a while, I found that since the string is going inside an email I could add the HTML code </br> at the end to solve the problem.

fixed.png

View solution in original post

kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Glad you found a solution!

Good to know, too! I am not too HTML savvy, myself.

Have a good one!

Hi Kyle,

Will you please elaborate on what steps you followed for this ("I threw the variable into a Compose to see the output and it looked like it worked.")? I am also facing same issue and getting blank line in between and also header names keep on repeating during the append operation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,981)