cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karishmakash
Advocate I
Advocate I

how to fix "XrmApplyUserNotMemberOfSecurityGroup" error in power automate

Recently we moved the power automate flow to a new environment. After that, the approval is failing with the error "XrmApplyUserNotMemberOfSecurityGroup".

In a blog, I saw this, "The CDS database for this environment is protected by a security group. An owner of the security group will need to add all approval creators, requestors, and recipients to the security group. The security group can be configured from the Power Platform Admin Center." to fix this error.

Can someone guide me to fix this step by step? Unable to figure out what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
karishmakash
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was able to resolve the error by removing the approval action and adding it new to the flow. Am not sure if this is the right approach.

The steps I followed are,

1. Created a Copy of the same flow in the new environment.

2. Removed the approval action and added it again as new.

The error was resolved and flow ran successfully.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
karishmakash
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was able to resolve the error by removing the approval action and adding it new to the flow. Am not sure if this is the right approach.

The steps I followed are,

1. Created a Copy of the same flow in the new environment.

2. Removed the approval action and added it again as new.

The error was resolved and flow ran successfully.

nishantrana
Helper II
Helper II

In our case Dynamics 365 CE, we were using Security Group for that environment, we added the user as the member of the security group and it fixed the issue for us  - 

https://nishantrana.me/2021/11/01/fixed-error-code-usernotmemberofcdssecuritygroup-error-message-the...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,619)