cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

how to get name of user task assigned to

Hello, 

I am working on a Flow to create a group calendar event when a task in Planner is assigned. I want to be able to add the name of the user the task is assigned to the Subject of the event. I have tried using "the id of the user whom this task is assigned," however, this returns the actual alpha numeric ID. I want to get the actual display name of the user such as "John Doe."

1. Is this possible to convert the ID to the actual user name?

2. Is there a way to use the returned ID to get the user's email?   

2019-10-29_11h47_57.png

Thanks, 
Wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: how to get name of user task assigned to

@wesm, just use an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2) action as in the image below using the assigned to ID, then add the Display Name from the Dynamic Content into the Create a group event action.

As well as  being able to select the Display Name you can also get the email address and other profile info so you can send an email etc.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

PlannerAssignment.pngPlannerAssignmentResult.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@wesm, just use an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2) action as in the image below using the assigned to ID, then add the Display Name from the Dynamic Content into the Create a group event action.

As well as  being able to select the Display Name you can also get the email address and other profile info so you can send an email etc.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

PlannerAssignment.pngPlannerAssignmentResult.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@RobElliott Thanks much! This worked great. 

I have one last issue which is an error I get when setting the event to all-day. 
"The Event.Start property for an all-day event needs to be set to midnight"

I am using the Value Start Date and Value Due Date for the Start and End time for my event. However, the flow fails because the event is not set to midnight. I am not sure how I can address this. The task in Planner has a start and end dates set, but no time is associated. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks! 

Wes

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,670)