cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpw
Frequent Visitor

how to send different emails based on different conditions using dynamics 365 connector

Hi I have a dynamics 365 application using dataverse backend.  This app allows requestors to request items for purchasing.  It goes through  2 to 3 different approval levels.  The flow goes like this:

1 - Requestor fills out form.  Items contain either hazardous materials or non hazardous materials.  There is a field that checks for this.

2- If items contain hazardous materials, I want an email to be sent to the health and safety person for approval.  Once he checks in the field that he approves it, another email goes to the VP for approval.  Then once VP approves, an email goes out to the card holder for approval. 

3 - If items does not contain hazardous materials, then it skips the health and safety person and an email is sent to the Vp for approval.  Then if vp approves, an email is sent to the card holder for approval.  

How can i apply this logic in power automate?  I believe i know how to do it for just one level of approval but not multiple and based on 3 field conditions.  I have done this in workflows in D365 and I did that in separate workflows.  Hope someone can help thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @bpw 

You can follow the video below to make your multilevel approval flow in power automate. Just before starting the approval use a condition in which you match the material to hazardous or non hazardous.

https://youtu.be/gb_FUeRjgg4

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @bpw 

You can follow the video below to make your multilevel approval flow in power automate. Just before starting the approval use a condition in which you match the material to hazardous or non hazardous.

https://youtu.be/gb_FUeRjgg4

jacquimuller
Helper II
Helper II

If you only use one field to test the conditions, you can use 'Switch' and assign the value you're looking for, then kick off separate approval flows. If they are different conditions, use different if statements. 

Just think about the number of times you'd be running this flow and how many actions would be iterated through to ensure you don't hit the limits your licensing is exposed to.

Thanks this is very helpful...I think this will help me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,511)