cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

issues with copying one SP list to another

Hello,

I use power automate to  copy all my data from one SP list to another. I have a column that is a Choice - checkboxes (allow multiple selections ). The thing is it keeps creating for every selection a new entry on that new list. Is there a way to copy it in just one entry ?

Thanasis_0-1611159268473.png

Thanasis_1-1611159579953.png

Anybody can help with this I would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Thanasis ,

There is no problem. 

In apply_to_each you need to put the results from get_items (from your first list):

body('Get_items')?['value'] 

If I understood correctly your logic is the following:

1. Read the items from one list (This is a Get_Items action, be careful because that for want you want to do will receive a recomandantion for PowerAutomate to use a query). If your list is a big one,  you need to activate pagination and set the threshold to 1000 (example)

gabibalaban_0-1611238116821.pnggabibalaban_1-1611238173642.png

2. Write the results in another list (the only problem here is that choice column, for which we've already done that small arrangement).  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Thanasis ,

To achieve your scope you have to insert a new action - Select (inside Apply_to_each - before Create Item):

gabibalaban_0-1611163463543.png

Here you need to select only Value column of your choice columns:

Value: item()['Value']

and then use this outputs to your Create Item action.

First press    gabibalaban_1-1611163774746.pngicon (from the right) to let PowerAutomate know that your value is an array and then select from dynamic content menu the outputs from Select action.

Please note that if you have a lookup column you have to select in select action the ID's (not the values as is for Choice column). 

Hope it helps !  

Hello I'm trying to do that put the select can't go between the apply to each and the create item. Once I put my column there it creates another apply to each. I would really appreciate some help

Thanasis_2-1611176502299.png

@Thanasis ,

In the Select action use the Dynamic Content Expression to write the formula:

gabibalaban_0-1611212561912.png

This formula: items('Apply_to_each')['ChoiceColumnName'] refers to the current item of Apply_to_each loop and what you use refers to all results (that's why the system auto create an Apply_to_each loop) related to column Relationship..... from a previous Get_items action.

Hello,

I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help @gabibalaban . Please bear with me , I am fairly new to power automate and I really need to finish this. What I have done so far is this :

Thanasis_0-1611235021813.png

Thanasis_1-1611235079591.png

Thanasis_3-1611235177844.png

once I select my column there it creates the other apply to each. What am I doing wrong?

Thanasis_4-1611235396145.png

Again I really apologize for so many question and for me not understandings the solution you gave me.

@Thanasis ,

There is no problem. 

In apply_to_each you need to put the results from get_items (from your first list):

body('Get_items')?['value'] 

If I understood correctly your logic is the following:

1. Read the items from one list (This is a Get_Items action, be careful because that for want you want to do will receive a recomandantion for PowerAutomate to use a query). If your list is a big one,  you need to activate pagination and set the threshold to 1000 (example)

gabibalaban_0-1611238116821.pnggabibalaban_1-1611238173642.png

2. Write the results in another list (the only problem here is that choice column, for which we've already done that small arrangement).  

View solution in original post

Hello @gabibalaban . Yes that worked, thank you very much for all your help and sorry for all the questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (33,432)