cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierre1
Level: Powered On

item link to open word online

I created a flow to change and approve documents stored on sharepoint ( mainly word online)

the item link i made open a window to download the word on my computer

is there a specific item link to open the file on word online instead?

Thank you for your support 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: item link to open word online

Hi @pierre1,

The "When a file is created in a folder" trigger would not return the Link to item dynamic content, please consider take a try to change your trigger into the "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" trigger.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:19.JPG

More details about the "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" trigger, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/connectors/sharepointonline/#when-a-file-is-created-or-modified--pr...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pierre1,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to open the file on word online via clicking the item link?

If you want to open the file (stored within your SharePoint) on word online via clicking the item link, I think the Link to item dynamic content could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:14.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:15.JPG

16.JPG

More details about the Link to item dynamic content within SharePoint connector, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/support-for-sharepoint-document-library-properties/

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pierre1

Thank you Kris for your reply, It work well using your exemple

Unfortunatly, I tried to provide the link in an approval process, and i dont get the option "link to item"

on the approval form

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pierre1,

The "When a file is created in a folder" trigger would not return the Link to item dynamic content, please consider take a try to change your trigger into the "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" trigger.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:19.JPG

More details about the "When a file is created or modified (Properties only)" trigger, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/connectors/sharepointonline/#when-a-file-is-created-or-modified--pr...

Best regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

pierre1

Thank you again for your help.

your option works well but my intention was to fo:

when a file is moved to folder "to be approved", Then start the approval process

based on this,  it doesnt work since when I move a file to the folder  "to be approved", the dile is not considered as "created"file

any suggestion?

pierre1

I tried again and It works!!!

Thank you very much for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,529)